Friday, March 27, 2009

Tower Hamlets Cemetery, London, E3

I visited Tower Hamlets Cemetery in March 2009, & it was certainly one of the strangest ones I've been to. For it is now actually a park, and not called a cemetery, I'm guessing it's no longer used for burials.
The headstones have been completely left to nature, and I it's a long time since I have seen so many naturally damaged ones together. But, bizarrely, it doesn't look half as bad as it sounds...as you can see now:















































































































































































































1 comment:

Wild One said...

Beautiful pictures! This is definitely a cemetery worth taking the time to explore.